Outdoor security cameras are a very good way to let others know that you are very cautious and you will not tolerate theft or vandalism in your premises. When someone steps onto your property, they will be made aware that they are being watched and they will know that they will be held accountable for anything out of the ordinary that might occur. You can even set up a wireless outdoor security camera IP connection system which will feed the video footage straight into a video recorder. With this method, you can watch the video footages recorded whenever you wish. You can even stream the footage straight to your mobile phone or iPad if necessary.
These outdoor security cameras are an excellent way to make it clear to anyone that you are extremely serious in protecting your family, your home and your belongings. It is a great way to keep an eye on your home ground especially when there are times that you cannot be physically present. Some people think that homeowners who buy security cameras are typically paranoid. However, that is entirely not true. People buy these cameras to help them protect their property and keep their family safe. Nowadays, crime is everywhere, and even large homes equipped with alarm systems can still be invaded and robbed by professional house thieves. That is why security cameras are a very wise investment when it comes to protecting your home and keeping your family safe anytime.
Types of Outdoor Security Cameras
There are actually many types of outdoor security cameras depending on your needs:
1. Dome-shaped outdoor security cameras – dome-shaped outdoor security cameras are considered to be the most common of all outdoor security cameras for home use. They are, of course, dome shaped and are mounted on the outdoor walls. Dome-shaped outdoor security cameras are very popular because their shapes are cool, trendy and they blend well with their surroundings. Furthermore, because of their shape, it is very hard to determine the exact position of the camera lens. Dome-shaped outdoor security cameras come in various types:
- Armor dome cameras – this type of dome-shaped security camera is very handy whenever there is any threat of vandalism happening.
- Infrared dome cameras – this type of dome-shaped security camera can record images even during the night.
- Varifocal dome cameras - this type of dome-shaped security camera has lenses wherein the angle can be easily adjusted when necessary.
2. Infrared outdoor bullet security cameras - infrared outdoor bullet security cameras are the best choice when it comes to night-time surveillance monitoring. These nifty cameras provide clear-colored images during the day and black and white images during the night. All kinds of infrared security cameras assist in night-time surveillance monitoring with various camera resolutions and lens angles.
3. Wireless outdoor security cameras – wireless outdoor security cameras is probably the best when it comes to providing outdoor surveillance and they are very easy to install as well. Advanced wireless outdoor security cameras let you view activities, even when you are on the go. This type of outdoor security camera can be controlled and viewed using any web browser and do not need any separate software to operate. The camera has a specific web address which you can access its control through the Internet. Moreover, the resolution of this type of outdoor security camera is very high. Some other types of wireless security cameras include cameras that utilize TV sets or VCRs in order to display images.
4. Dummy outdoor security cameras - dummy outdoor security cameras are a sound option when you do not have enough money to invest on complete outdoor surveillance, especially if you think that the threat of intrusion in your home is practically nonexistent. Dummy cameras are actually fake cameras that are used to trick intruders or thieves into thinking that they are real working security cameras. However, these security cameras do not guarantee the security of your property, so it is best to only get one or two of these and place them in areas where you think that you can deter or prevent people from vandalizing, stealing, or destroying your property.
Features to Look for when Buying Outdoor Security Cameras
- If you want to achieve proper surveillance of your home and property, the security cameras that you choose must be equipped with the following features:
- The security cameras must work 24 hours.
- The security cameras must work well in both daytime and nighttime conditions.
- The security cameras must be waterproof and weatherproof.
- The camera lenses must have a wide angle to cover a lot of ground.
- Choose security cameras that support alarm systems when detecting threats.
The number of security cameras to be installed depends on the area that is to be monitored by the surveillance system. Outdoor security cameras normally come in packages of four. The first two is normally used for the entrance and exit doors, while the other two can be installed at either sides of your home or office building. High-resolution security cameras will minimize the number of security cameras needed for a huge area. The security of your property is very crucial and outdoor security cameras are always a great choice when it comes to keeping intruders and thieves at bay. Not only do they help in keeping an eye on your surroundings, but they also aid in the investigation to track thieves or wrongdoers after a crime.
When your mind is made up and you would like to purchase outdoor security cameras and a surveillance system, you need to take your time to research and plan your security strategies. Do not settle for the cheapest set you can find, because you will normally end up getting low-quality equipment that breaks down easily in a short span of time, which means that you will be spending more than what you originally intended. You must also consider the type of security camera battery or power source that you will need when buying that security camera system that is perfect for your home.