How to choose security cameras fit for your home should not be a difficult task. Even if it is your first time buying a security camera system for your home, you only need to keep in mind which parts of your home must be always monitored so that you, your property and your family is constantly kept safe and protected. There are lots of areas to your home, so it can actually become pretty expensive if you just go out and buy lots of security cameras so that you can view them all. In truth, careful planning and getting a few security cameras that have different or advanced surveillance capabilities that are strategically placed throughout your home (such as security cameras that have a wide lens to capture most of the surrounding areas where it is going to be installed) can actually save you a lot of money and keep you worry-free.
You need to be aware that security cameras that are going to be placed outside of your home needs to have weatherproofing capabilities, especially in areas where the weather changes more often than not. If you are using wired security cameras outside your home, then it will also require holes in order to not only mount it but also to transmit video to your recording device. However, if you are using wireless security cameras, then there is no need for making extra holes. If placing security cameras indoors, then you could try different types of indoor security cameras such as those that are meant to be hidden and appear just like typical household items.
In most homes nowadays, homeowners tend to get wireless security cameras because they can appear to be like normal household items such as clocks, radios, teddy bears, lamps, flower pots, etc. If there are areas at your home that almost always has dim light or barely any light anytime of the day, and you want to capture any event that may happen there, then you can get security cameras with night-vision capabilities.
Your home is most important to you, as is its contents within, be that personal items or beloved family members. There are instances that you need to leave your home for extremely long periods of time and of course, you can help but worry over unpleasant things that might happen while you are away. Thanks to the advancement of technology in the field of surveillance, there are now home security cameras that possess remote camera access by means of using a secure Internet connection that only you (and members of your family that you would like to also have access) can view anything going on that is being captured by your home security cameras. However, with the fact that you can install many home security cameras at virtually any place around the perimeter of your home, you do not want them to record every second of inactivity, so there are some home security cameras that are built with motion activated recorders and sensitivity adjustments, thus it only records whenever there is movement going on in an area of your home.
If you have home security cameras that are situated outside of your home, you can easily shield them from the harsh elements if you can place them underneath the overhang of your roof, or you could purchase some outdoor home security cameras that are weatherproof. This way, you could survey the outside perimeters of your home without worrying that your security camera will be damaged by the changing weather.
Most homeowners typically get two or more security cameras that are meant to be hidden by other persons. Hidden security cameras have many advantages, and one of the most common advantages is that they can come in any shape, style or size and appear just like an everyday household item. Such examples of hidden security cameras are clocks, decorative plates, teddy bears, trash cans, ceiling fans, flower pots, and many more. Many homeowners certainly do not want to remodel their homes in order to wire their newly bought security cameras into one recording device location, so they normally opt to get home security cameras that are capable of wireless transmissions.
With a very wide variety of security cameras and surveillance systems that is available on the market these days, finding the right one for you and your home could be a challenging task. However, there are actually lots of suggestions from experts that you can follow on how to find security cameras and a surveillance system that meets your needs.
There are actually 5 key qualities that a security camera can possess (depending on the brand and the unit), and these qualities can be used as your starting point in helping you narrow down the most suitable security cameras for you:
- Location – The location of your security cameras is very important. Before purchasing, you need to keep in mind that you have to first determine the areas where you would want a security camera to be present, so that you will know how many security cameras will be needed. Also, keep in mind that if you need to have security cameras outside of your area, then you will need to get weatherproof security cameras.
- Night vision – A vital aspect of surveillance operations in which security cameras with infrared night vision capabilities can help one view events in dimly lit areas or at nighttime.
- Covert features – Lots of security cameras nowadays can be conveniently hidden just about in anything and anywhere the user would like to install it. Some examples of hidden security cameras are those that are encased in smoke detectors, clocks, air fresheners, teddy bears, etc.
- Video retrieval – How the video is retrieved is also very essential because some security cameras are directly wired to a recording source, while there are others that are wireless and have Internet capabilities where you can search for your security camera feed online and view the events in a remote location.
- Motion sensor recording – Security cameras that have motion sensor recording features can significantly reduce recorded space on your surveillance tape or other type of video storage device.